If you believe that an NCSG Member Company has violated the Code of Ethics, please complete the NCSG Ethics Violation Report form and return with documentation to the NCSG office at the address listed to put the following procedure in motion.
Code of Ethics Violation Procedure
- Complainant will fill out an NCSG Ethics Violation Report and send the completed form to the NCSG office. Note: A $100 filing fee is required of sweeps that file a complaint. If the respondent is found to have violated the NCSG Code of Ethics, the fee will be refunded. No fee is required of homeowners filing a complaint
- The grievance will be forwarded to the Ethics Committee Chairperson, who will in turn review, the complaint with the NCSG staff liaison. If a possible violation has occurred, the respondent will be sent a response packet by certified mail, including a respondent cover letter, a response form, and all material submitted by the complainant. The respondent will have 30 days from date of letter to complete and return the response packet.
- Upon receipt of the respondent’s packet, all documentation will be forwarded to the chairperson for distribution to committee members. If respondent fails to respond within the required time period, the Ethics Committee will determine that respondent does not contest any of the complaints against him/her, and will continue with the review process. The Ethics Committee Chairperson or his designee will send a copy of the complaint to all committee members.
- Within 30 days of receipt of the packet, the committee shall review all materials and come to a consensus recommending action to be taken. The chairperson will forward said consensus to the NCSG staff liaison. A letter will be drafted under the chairperson’s signature and will then be sent to the complainant and respondent informing them of said consensus and recommendations. An explanation of the appeal procedure will be included with the letter mailed to the respondent and complainant.
- If an appeal is received, the both parties shall be notified. All documentation shall be forwarded to the NCSG Board of Directors for consideration of the appeal at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting. Once a Board decision is reached, a letter shall be drafted and sent by the President or Executive Director informing both parties of the decision.
1. All original paperwork shall remain at the NCSG office.
2. Any contacts with either party shall be noted and kept with the original file.
3. Any sweep instituting a complaint toward another sweep shall enclose a $100 filing fee. That fee will be returned if the consensus is in the complainant’s favor. Consumers will not be charged a filing fee.
4. Any party appealing the decision of the committee will be required to pay a $50 non-refundable filing fee for processing the appeal.
- Revised December 2019