Plainfield, IN , August 15, 2011 - The National Chimney Sweep Guild and the Chimney Safety Institute of America are honored to host delegates from 11 countries and the United States for the 2011 European Federation of Chimney Sweeps (ESCHFOE) Technical Meeting this August 18-20 at the CSIA Technology Center and in Indianapolis. This is the first time that the event will be held outside of Europe. Traditionally, this event is held in Europe where many chimney sweeps are busy learning how to market their services in a time of deregulation of the sweeping trade.
“Our European colleagues have held the advantage of a more-established industry, bringing hundreds of years of tradition and experience to the table, “states Mark McSweeney, NCSG Executive Director. “We look forward to exposing the delegates to new service avenues and sharing America’s business-building tactics.”
Steen Hagensen of Enervex (formerly Exhausto) in Georgia will present a special marketing presentation to complement numerous technical seminars and workshops designed to demonstrate the American sweeping experience, such as:
- Casting a crown with Terry Dearborn of Valley Chimney Sweep & Restoration in Illinois.
- Factory-built fireplaces with Jim Brewer of Magic Sweep Corporation in Virginia.
- Chimney swifts with Paul Hempel of Brushes & Brooms in Illinois.
- Dryer duct cleaning with Joe Sauter of Your Chimney Sweep in Indiana and Jay Walker of Jay Walker Enterprises in Florida.
- Waterproofing with John Meredith of SaverSystems in Indiana.
- High Efficiency Boiler/Efficiency Testing with Peter Cullen of Wohler USA in Massachusetts.
- Scanning and sweeping a fireplace with Victor Imgarten of Clean Sweep Chimney Service in Missouri and Tom Urban of Estoban Chim-Scan in Iowa.
- And an exhibit including a variety of American chimney sweep service vehicles.
To date, NCSG has received confirmation that national leaders of the following ESCHFOE member organizations will be in attendance: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States.
Generous support for this event has come from the following sponsors and ESCHFOE partners: Ahrens Chimney Technique, A.W. Perkins, eka-edelstahlkamine, Jeremias, Lindemann Chimney Supply, National Chimney Supply, Saver Systems and Wohler USA/Wöhler.
For more information, please contact Melissa Heeke, NCSG and CSIA Director of Communications and Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 837-1500.